Data management, Integration and Enhancement
The value of predictive modeling, analytic applications, and all other flavors of business intelligence is predicated on the notion that the underlying data are sound. Managing data quality is no easy matter, particularly in large organizations, which often must contend with multiple information systems – designed for different business functions, but containing redundant, duplicative, or obsolete data.
ASR follows proven methods to manage business data, assess data quality, and evaluate the impact of data quality on an organization's performance. We design and implement data quality applications that deliver clean and accurate data to business decision makers just in time.
- Database Design. ASR is experienced helping public and private sector organizations manage their data in a variety of ways. Whether this involves design of a complex database or development of a custom data mart, we have proven results and extensive experience.
- Data Integration. At ASR, we understand how to quickly and reliably create a unified view of enterprise data from multiple sources, leveraging all data regardless of the source or format.
- Data Cleansing. Decisions are only as sound as the data they are based on. For this reason, we incorporate data cleansing as a major component of our data management strategy. This involves profiling, cleansing, augmenting, and monitoring data to create consistent reliable information.
- Real-time Data Delivery. In this fast-paced business world, information must be available in real-time for business executives. We help our clients achieve real-time data access through business intelligence software. This includes creating online data querying tools, dashboards, and wireless personal digital assistant (PDA) business intelligence applications.
- Business Rules Management. Business rules are the logical conditions that govern the way an organization operates. By extracting business rules from existing processes, stating them in a structured manner, and using them in conjunction with organizational data and technology, business rules can be used to help the organization to streamline or automate operations, improve decision making, communicate with stakeholders, adhere to legal and regulatory mandates, and perform analysis on current practices.
Qualitative and Quantitative Data Collection
Many different approaches exist for collecting data – from in-depth interviews and focus groups to mail, telephone, and web-based surveys. Choosing the right methodology requires a clear understanding of business objectives, data requirements, and target audience characteristics, as well as an informed assessment of the positive and negative attributes of each method. Tradeoffs must be made to balance the goals of data accuracy and comprehensiveness against the constraints of time and budget.
- Survey Research. Surveys are an effective method for collecting consistent, structured data from many people or organizations at once. They can offer new insight into the key characteristics of a population and provide valuable supplement to an organization's internal data sources. ASR applies proven methodologies to design and manage large scale telephone, mail, and web-based surveys.
- Focus Groups and In-Depth Interviews. Focus groups, where several representatives are gathered for a group discussion, offer a unique, interactive data collection environment. In-depth, one-on-one interviews are effective in cases where greater privacy allows for greater candor. Both of these techniques can help to identify stakeholder perceptions and key elements of a decision making process, and lay the foundation for quantitative research. ASR has deep expertise in the design and facilitation of focus groups and in-depth interviews.
- Statistical Support Services. ASR employs statistical sampling and statistical scoring methodologies to help organizations "do more with less." By identifying particular customers, employees or products that warrant more intensive scrutiny or intervention, these techniques allow our clients to achieve superior results using fewer resources.
Contact us for more information or request a proposal.